Adam got here Thursday night and we ate dinner at a cozy restaraunt by the river, caught up some, and worked out a plan for our week of travel.
Friday morning I interpreted a meeting of all the teachers at Nancy's school with the Anglican priest who came to minister to them and harangue them a little for letting the Orange Walk parish become really lax. He was a very interesting character, for sure. In the afternoon I packed and finished up some stuff for school, then we went to meet Rubia and Elodia at Elodia's house. We tried to go to an orchid garden too, but it was closed. The owner was nice enough to show us some of the flowers he keeps in his yard though. Overall, it was a low-key day. We ate dinner w/ Elodia and I tried to switch into speaking English with her.
This morning we headed to Crooked Tree, a wildlife sanctuary, and met a really nice guide who showed us the birds and told us about Crooked Tree Village life. Afterwards she showed us to this really non-descript little restaraunt w/ 2 menu options--- and the food was excellent!
Now Adam and I are in Belize City, hanging out at the Deshield household. We walked around downtown for a bit when we got off the bus, and might meet up with a really nice Japanese Volunteer (like the Peace Corps) I met this week who lives in San Narciso but is in the city this weekend. Alternatively, we'll relax here, which sounds appealing too. Tomorrow we'll head to Caye Caulker to snorkel.
Safe travels wherever your daily routes take you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment